Morning Belz, Dec. 11
DOJ sues Alabama prison system over unsafe conditions — Birmingham News
The complaint describes an appalling situation — Scribd
A call for states to overturn the election — Conservative Action Project
The grim math of FDA vaccine approval delay — Alex Tabarrok
Exxon Mobil at crossroads as oil and gas demand flag — NYT
Hunter Biden laptop repair guy posts YouTube video — VICE
Bloomberg News staffer detained in Beijing — Bloomberg
- Trying to edit an interview of Ty Rushing into a watchable video for YouTube. Will have to be very different from the other videos so far, so the task is tricky. Wish me luck. Here’s a clip of him talking about what he’s learned about conservatives in Northwest Iowa and why he thinks Trump is popular there.
- Headed to Manchester, Tenn., on Tuesday to interview people about whether they will take the vaccine. Plan is to set up shop outside Waffle House, and see where the day takes us.
- Black State Fair, Minneapolis — Scuffed News
- Trump voters in rural Minnesota — Scuffed News
- The largest Confederate monument in America — Scuffed News
- Election night Trump party — Scuffed News
- Gameday in Tuscaloosa, Iron Bowl 2020 — Scuffed News
Errol Morris: “Why the obsession with Iraq and Saddam?”
Donald Rumsfeld: “You love that word, obsession. I can see the glow in your face when you say it.”
Morris: “Well I’m an obsessive person!”
Rumsfeld: “Are you? I’m not. I’m cool. And measured.”
— “The Unknown Known,” 2013
About: I send this email most mornings to force myself to stay informed and in touch. It’s typically ~8 links, a quote, and an update on what I’m working on. Write me back! And please share the email. If I added you and you don’t like it, please click unsubscribe below. I was a newspaper reporter for 14 years at the Cedar Rapids Gazette, Des Moines Register and Minneapolis Star Tribune. I gave the basic story of why my family left Minneapolis here. Find my new venture, Scuffed News, on YouTube (subscription is free and appreciated) and Twitter.